Top 10 list: Favorite wrestling entrance music
Entrance music in pro wrestling has become a topic of discussion this past week, thanks to an article by ESPN’s Bill Simmons and the fact that CM Punk came out to new music (well, it was actually his old music) on Raw Monday night.
Here are my top 10 favorite entrance themes in wrestling today. Only wrestling personalities who are currently active in WWE or TNA were considered. (Note: If Edge, Shawn Michaels, Batista and Chris Jericho were active, their music would certainly be on the list. So would "What's Up" if R-Truth was still using it.) The list is based entirely on my musical taste and nothing else.
I welcome your comments and your top 10 lists.
10. “DOMINATION” (EZEKIEL JACKSON): This one didn’t grab me right away, but it has really grown on me.
9. “SOME BODIES GONNA GET IT” (MARK HENRY): I’m more of a hard rock guy than a hip hop guy, but this song kicks a**.
8. “ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER” (VELVET SKY): Whenever this song begins, I know that Velvet Sky is about to enter the ring – and that’s a good thing.
7. “SAY IT TO MY FACE” (ALEX RILEY): The newest theme on the list, this one is rising fast – just like A-Ry.
6. “JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES” (CHRISTIAN): This song is just plain catchy. I liked it the very first time I heard it.
5. “VOICES” (RANDY ORTON): I was a big fan of Orton’s previous theme, but it wasn’t long before “Voices” was stuck in my head.
4. “GET ON YOUR KNEES” (JACK SWAGGER): Any song that sounds like it’s by Rage Against The Machine has to be good.
3. “SLEEPING GIANT” (MATT MORGAN): An infectious guitar riff and screaming vocals. What’s not to like?
2. “THE GAME” (TRIPLE H): One of the ballsiest wrestling entrance themes ever. It’s the perfect music for a guy who walks around pounding people with a sledgehammer.
1. “THIS FIRE BURNS” (CM PUNK): It’s only fitting that the best wrestler in the world also has the best entrance music. I hear the brain-scorching opening strains of this song several times every day – whenever my cellphone rings.