TNA Destination X results
I didn’t watch TNA’s Destination X pay-per-view Sunday night, but here are the results, courtesy of impactwrestling.com:
• A.J. Styles defeated Christopher Daniels
• Brian Kendrick defeated TNA X Division champion Abyss to win the title
• Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn
• Kazarian defeated Samoa Joe
• Austin Aries defeated Low-Ki, Jack Evans and Zema Ion to win a TNA contract
• Alex Shelley defeated Shannon Moore, Amazing Red and Robbie E. in the Ultimate X match to determine the No. 1 contender for the X Division title
• Douglas Williams defeated Mark Haskins
• Eric Young and Shark Boy defeated Generation Me
Quick hits: I was glad that Daniels did not turn heel on Styles. We’ve already seen Daniels turn on his real-life best friend and feud with him in the past, so it’s not like it would be fresh. ... It’s nice that the X Division title is back around the waist of an actual X Division wrestler, and Kendrick is certainly a talented performer. However, he was made to look so weak in the buildup to this match that putting the belt on him now just weakens the title, in my opinion. ... Aries is the guy I expected to win the contract and he is probably the best all-around performer of the four guys that were in the match, but I’d love to see TNA sign Low-Ki and Evans as well. I don’t know enough about Ion to have an opinion on him. ... Shelley was the right guy to go over in the Ultimate X match. He dedicated his victory to his injured tag team partner, Chris Sabin, who celebrated in the ring with Shelley after the match. ... I was shaking my head when I read that Generation Me jobbed to Young and Shark Boy, but with today’s news that Generation Me has requested and been granted their release, the result makes sense. ... Haskins, who answered Williams' open challenge, is a native of England who wrestled on TNA's European tour earlier this year.
Your turn: For those of you who watched Destination X, what did you think of it?