Quick hits on WWE Tough Enough
• For the second week in a row, Ryan and Rima were in the bottom three on Tough Enough. On Monday’s episode, they were joined by Mickael. Just like last week, I thought Ryan was getting the boot, but “Stone Cold” Steve Austin had other ideas. Realizing that Mickael and Ryan don’t like each other, Austin told Rima she was safe and then had the guys cut promos on each other. Ryan won the verbal battle in a rout, and Austin cut Mickael. I’m amazed that Ryan survived again, but I can’t say I’m unhappy that Mickael is gone. I didn’t see much in him to begin with, and he came off like a jerk much of the time.
• There were actually two eliminations this week, as Michelle quit because she couldn’t handle being away from her family. I don’t think she would have been around much longer anyway.
• Luke has emerged as the clear favorite to win the competition. At this point, I don’t see anyone posing much of a threat to him, although it’s still early. He’s in the best shape of all the competitors (as he proved by easily finishing first in the running challenge), has a good look and – judging by his simulated match with Austin – seems to know what he’s doing in the ring.
• The Big Show said that when he walked into the room, his eyes immediately gravitated to Eric. I totally agree with him. At first glance, Eric looks more like a WWE star than any of his peers simply because of his height. It’s become obvious, though, that he has a ways to go as far as his conditioning.
• It was nice to see Baltimore’s own Stacy Keibler make a cameo appearance.