Quick hits on ECW
• The main event in which Christian and Yoshi Tatsu defeated William Regal and Zack Ryder was decent. I really like the mix of veterans and young talent at the top of the card in ECW. Christian and Regal are the perfect choices to be the brand’s lead babyface and heel, respectively. They are both talented, all-around performers but would likely be lost in the mid-card shuffle on either Raw or Smackdown. Tatsu and Ryder are benefiting from working with them.
• Another seed was planted for a possible babyface turn for Ryder when he and Regal had a falling out as tag team partners.
• The Ezekiel Jackson-Goldust match wasn’t bad. With Ezekiel scoring a decisive win, it looks as if there are no plans to give Goldust a push despite the strong reaction he has been getting from the crowd.
• I enjoyed the Paul Burchill-Hurricane match, but I think they’ve had better. There was no hint of an attraction between Hurricane and Katie Lea Burchill, which is where I thought the story line might be heading.
• Sheamus did all right on his promo, but he seemed to be a little thrown off by the knuckleheads doing the lame “What?” chant every time he paused.
• No Abraham Washington Show two weeks in a row? What’s up with that?