Quick hits on ECW
• It was another good night for Yoshi Tatsu on Tuesday night’s episode of ECW. He once again got a pinfall victory over William Regal, who is being pushed as the top heel on the show. Tatsu also was endorsed by ECW champion Christian as the guy who deserved to be the No. 1 contender for his title.
• I don’t think Regal was hurt by the loss to Tatsu. He can point out – and I’m sure he will on next week’s show – that his leg was under the rope when Tatsu pinned him. Plus, he got his heat back at the end of the show when he directed his henchmen, Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson, to lay out Christian and Zack Ryder.
• Christian and Ryder had a good match, although I think their previous encounters were better. I wonder if the attack on Ryder by Regal’s stable—which really needs a name, by the way – means that he is doing a babyface turn. I hope not, because he’s doing a good job as a heel and the timing doesn’t feel right for a turn.
• Christian and Regal were both highly entertaining on the mic during the opening segment. Tatsu showed some personality, as well. I laughed when he and Christian were bowing back forth to each other, and after Christian walked away and looked back, he caught Tatsu bowing one last time.
• The tag team match that saw Kozlov and Jackson defeat Goldust and Tommy Dreamer was a little rough due to the heels’ limitations. Kozlov and Jackson look impressive during squash matches, but they need work when participating in longer, give-and-take matches.
• There was no Abraham Washington Show, but at least we got Tony Atlas doing the laugh.
• It was good to see ECW general manager Tiffany back on the show this week. If she appeared in every segment it would be fine with me.