Quick hits on ECW
• The Extreme Rules ECW title match between champion Christian and Tommy Dreamer on Tuesday’s show was fine. Both guys worked hard, but it was difficult to get too emotionally invested because I was pretty certain that the title wasn’t changing hands.
• Now that Christian is likely finished with Dreamer, it will be interesting to see who his next challenger will be. There has been speculation that it will be Vladimir Kozlov, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a three-way program between Christian, Zack Ryder and Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin holds a recent victory over Christian, and Ryder pushed Christian to the limit on last week’s show. Plus, Ryder and Benjamin appeared to be starting a program with each other on The Abraham Washington Show on Tuesday.
• Speaking of which, I’m probably going to get some heat for this, but I don’t think Washington’s segment was as bad this week as they has been. It still wasn’t good, but Washington seemed to be more comfortable and he was at least a little funny. Benjamin, on the other hand, was pretty bad. He was as wooden on the mic as he is smooth in the ring. In all fairness, though, the material written for him was dreadful. When he was handed the script, he should have told the writers to kiss his Smurf.
• I still don’t have a strong opinion on Sheamus. He’s not bad, but I’m not convinced yet that he has “it.”
• It was very telling that there was a recap of last week’s Smackdown instead of Monday’s Raw. It shouldn’t have been a tough decision. Let’s see: Do we go with highlights of the awesome Jeff Hardy-John Morrison match and heated post-match angle with CM Punk and Hardy, or do we go with highlights of Dr. Ken’s ”comedy” and Jeremy Piven plugging Summerfest?