How well do you know Anderson Silva?
For the average mixed martial arts fan, Anderson Silva is a name you know well. Silva is considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.
But how well do you know the UFC middleweight champion from Curitiba, Brazil?
Here are 10 questions about Silva.
1. Who has Silva lost to? (Hint: 4 opponents)
2. How old is Silva?
3. What is his record?
4. What was his job before he started fighting?
5. What academy was Silva a member of?
6. Does Silva have a brother or sister?
7. Who is Silva's hero? (Hint: superhero)
8. How long has Silva been the middleweight champion?
9. How much money does Silva make per fight?
10. What six fighting/martial arts styles does Anderson Silva train in?
1. As of July 2010, Silva has lost just 4 fights in his career: Yushin Okami (2006), Ryo Chonan (2004), Daiju Takase (2003), and Luiz Azeredo (2000).
2. He is 35 years old.
3. Silva has an MMA record of 26-4 0.
4. He was an office clerk and he worked at McDonald’s.
5. Silva joined Brazil’s famed Chute Box Academy where he learned to become one of the most feared strikers in the game.
6. Anderson has an older brother, and their poverty stricken mother left them both with her sister's family when he was just 4 years old.
8. Silva has been the middleweight champion since 2006.
9. In addition to sponsorship earnings, Anderson Silva can make upwards of $200,000 per fight.
10. Silva’s official styles are Muay Thai, Boxing, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Judo and Capoeira.
If you correctly answered 8 or more: You are an expert on Anderson Silva
6 to 7 correct: You know your MMA fighters
4 to 5 correct: You probably followed him since Pride FC
2 to 3 correct: You at less knew his name
1 correct: Anderson who?