Dana White appeared on Scott Ferrall's radio show Tuesday night
UFC President Dana White was on Scott Ferrall's radio show on Sirius satellite radio during the 9 o'clock hour (EST) Tuesday night. I caught the last 25 minutes of the 30-35 minute appearance.
Here are some highlights:
- White said a lot of the fighters in PRIDE have been overrated for the last few years, when discussing Mirko Cro Cop's loss to Gabriel Gonzaga in UFC 70. He said UFC has the best fighters in the world.
- White said that Quinton Jackson wasn't happy with his contract when he entered the UFC and White has taken care of that issue -- Jackson's contract was renegotiated recently.
- White said he is in talks with network TV for a deal to televise UFC.
- White said Matt Serra's next fight (and first title defense) will be against Matt Hughes as part of the TUF 6 finale. Serra and Hughes will be the coaches on TUF 6.
- White said that the Floyd Mayweather-Oscar De La Hoya boxing match this weekend is the last big fight for boxing. He also predicted Mayweather would win the fight.
- White said that newly signed heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will be on the UFC 73 card in Sacramento, Calif., against an undisclosed opponent.
- White said that UFC "took it on the chin" financially in putting on UFC 70 because of all the marketing money spent in England.
- White said that UFC "is very actively" pursuing PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko.
- White said that the whole boxing match fiasco with Tito Ortiz has only made their relationship worse.
- White said that UFC will be holding an event at Madison Square Garden in New York City in 2008.
- White said that Kimbo Slice of online streetfighting fame would "get killed" in the UFC and the circuit has no plans to sign him.