Bmorehoops.com event set for Saturday
A collection of Baltimore's best high school basketball talent is scheduled to participate in the seventh annual bmorehoops.com All-Star event at The Dome on Saturday.
Admission to The Dome – located near the corner of Biddle and Eden in East Baltimore – is free. There’s also free food and drinks during the event, which starts with a middle school game at 2 p.m. followed by the freshmen, sophomores and two showcase games for juniors and seniors.
Some of the most notable participants scheduled to play Saturday are:
• Daquan Cook: 6-foot-2 senior guard from St. Frances who committed to UNLV last month.
• Sam Cassell Jr.: 6-foot-4 combo guard from Notre Dame Prep (Mass.) who has several high- and mid-major offers.
• Isaiah Miles: 6-foot-7 forward who has reportedly transferred to Milford Mill from Glenelg Country School for his senior year. Miles is a potential high-major prospect.
• Josh Forney: 6-foot-8 senior center from St. Frances who committed to Loyola earlier this month.
• Kayel Locke: 6-foot-5 senior power forward from McDonogh who has offers from Appalachian State, Boston University, Delaware, Hartford, Loyola, Mount St. Mary’s, Stony Brook, Towson, UMBC and UNC-Greensboro.
• Lionel Greene: former City guard set to spend his senior season at Lake Clifton.
• Charles Tapper: 6-foot-4 power forward who has committed to play football at Oklahoma.
• Aquille Carr: 5-foot-6 guard from Patterson ranked 59th in the country for the 2013 class by ESPN.com.
• Daquein McNeil: 6-foot-2 junior combo guard from Vermont Academy with early offers from Richmond, Rutgers, South Florida, VCU and Washington.
• Kameron Williams: 6-foot-2 junior guard from Mount St. Joseph with early offers from Dayton, Miami, Richmond, Towson and VCU.
• Daxter Miles: junior combo guard from Dunbar that should be one of the city league’s top players this year.
Check out bmorehoops.com for more information.