Truck restrictions in effect for New Year's Eve
The Baltimore Department of Transportation is imposing restrictions on trucks and other commercial vehicles downtown or in the Inner Harbor area for Friday night's New Year's Eve celebration.
According to the city, such vehicles will not be permitted downtown or at the harbor between 4 pp.m. Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday except for local deliveries. Tanker trailers will not be permitted downtown during that period for any purpose.
The Inner Harbor is expected to attract thousands of visitors Friday night for the Ports America Chesapeake New Year's Eve Spectacular fireworks show. Parking restrictions will be in effect on Gay, Calvert as Baltimore streets, along with Key Highway, from 6 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday. Several downtown streets will be closed as of 11 p.m. Friday as the event ends.
For a full list of closings from the city, click below:
The following streets will be affected by the temporary commercial vehicle restrictions:
• Fayette Street from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard (MLK) to President Street
(no commercial vehicles will be allowed to travel on or south of Fayette Street)
• President Street from Aliceanna to Fayette Streets (no commercial vehicles will
be allowed to travel on or west of President Street)
• Light Street from Pratt Street to Key Highway
• Key Highway from Light to McComas Streets
• Hanover Street from McComas to Montgomery Streets (no commercial
vehicles will be allowed north of McComas Street, including Hanover Street)
• Pratt and Lombard Streets from MLK Jr. Boulevard to President Street
• I-395 at the MLK split to Pratt Street (no commercial vehicles will be permitted
• No commercial vehicle traffic east of MLK Jr. Boulevard from the I-395 split to
The following streets will be closed from 11:00 p.m. December 31, 2010 until event close:
• Pratt Street will be closed at Paca Street - Eastbound Pratt Street traffic will be
diverted north on Paca Street to continue east on Baltimore or Mulberry Streets.
• Pratt Street will be closed at Charles Street – Pratt Street traffic will be diverted
onto northbound Charles Street to continue east on Baltimore Street.
• Lombard Street will be closed at President Street - Westbound Lombard Street
traffic will be diverted at President Street to continue west on Fayette Street.
• Northbound I-395 traffic will be detoured north on Howard Street. No access
will be allowed onto Conway Street.
• Light Street at Lombard Street – southbound Light Street traffic will be diverted
onto Lombard Street to continue south on Sharp or Hanover Streets.
• Northbound Light Street at Lee Street – Northbound Light Street traffic will be
diverted onto Lee Street to continue north on Charles Street.
• Baltimore Street will be closed at Gay Street - Eastbound Baltimore Street traffic
will be diverted north onto Gay Street to continue east on Fayette Street.
The following parking restrictions will be in effect from 6:00 p.m. December 31, 2010 until 3:00 a.m. January 1, 2011:
• West side of Gay Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
• East side of Calvert Street from Pratt to Fayette Streets
• Both sides of Baltimore Street from Charles to Gay Streets
• South side of Key Highway from Light to William Street