Veteran's Day Parade could tie up traffic
Government employees who have the day off have nothing to worry about, but downtown workers who have to report on Veterans Day could find the trip to work a challenge because of the city's parade plans.
The Downtown Partnership reports that the city's 8 a.m. Veterans Day Parade will close several busy downtown streets tomorrow between 7 a.m. and noon. They are:
• Charles Street from Fayette Street to Monument Street
• Lexington Street from Charles Street to Frederick Street
• Gay Street from Fayette Street to the Fallsway
• Saratoga Street from Gay Street to Holiday Street.
Parking restrictions will also be in effect on streets in the area of the parade route between 6 a.m. and noon. They are:
· Charles Street from Lexington to Madison Streets
· Lexington Street from Charles to Saratoga Streets
· Gay Street from Fayette Street to Fallsway
· Saratoga Street from Gay to Holliday Streets