Startup Tuesday featuring....... MsgWorx
If you're a startup company based in the Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia area and wish to be considered for Startup Tuesday, follow the format below and send your information and photo of the founder(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Product and What it Does: A next generation online form of communication (see http://www.msgworx.com/demo3.html), MsgWorx is designed to meet the communications needs of companies using their own uniquely designed multi-media interactive video and presentation player. Beyond streaming video, this innovative platform gives users a person-to-person experience that puts the viewer in control of a web-based experience and helps companies monetize that experience with real-time research and results that go much deeper than reporting simple page views. Some companies using the product: Sallie Mae, AAA, and local Toyota dealers.
*Founder: Rick Otenasek
* Number of Employees: 8 full-time, 4 part-time & free-lance contributors
* Headquarters: 30 E. Padonia Rd., Timonium MD, 21093
* Field/Industry: Online Marketing and Communications
* Genesis of the Idea for MsgWorx: From his extensive experience in the cable TV industry from 1985 through 1997, founder Rick Otenasek foresaw the convergence of video and broadband. Rick left Comcast in 1997 to start his own communications company and developed a web based tool for publishing video to the web. The first version of the company’s application was launched in 2002, as a “Video-on-Demand web portal”. The second release of the application was developed in 2004, with significant enhancements that evolved beyond streaming video and incorporated rich media. The third release was launched in 2008. This third-generation application is now complimented by production, consulting & support services. In response to clients’ request for help producing their communications, MsgWorx has recruited a team of talented creative professionals to handle these productions. This multi-disciplined team works with clients to produce, distribute & manage interactive, multi-media communications that deliver measurably better results.
* Most Important local/regional resource you tapped into to start your company: In late 2007, the company brought in an investor/CEO with global experience growing early-stage businesses and managing large-scale operations. From his own broad business experience in positions up through the level of CEO, MsgWorx’s CEO Frank Otenasek understood that businesses need bottom-line solutions, not just cool technology. The CEO and the Founder recognized that companies and organizations need a better way to communicate to achieve their key business goals.
This is an archived version of the technology blog. For updated coverage, see the current baltTech location: baltimoresun.com/balttech