The Vampire Diaries: Season Finale Shockers
OMG this week's Vampire Diaries had us on the edge of our seats the whole time. Our first honest reaction was this: SQUEEEEEEEEE! We are not ashamed of our inner fangirl and suspect we will suffer horrible withdrawals in the months to come until our beloved Mystic Falls characters come back to play.
Here's the quick rundown of what made us swoon, squeal, and gasp.
* Damon and Stefan see Elena dressed as Katherine, and Damon is this close to swooning himself. Or whatever it is guys do when their knees get weak and their breath is taken away.
* Anna gives Jeremy her blood and asks him to turn himself into a vampire and run away with her.
* The founders and the tomb vampires are like the Capulets and Montagues with less florid speech and are going to have their rumble during the fireworks display.
* Damon becomes quite human with all that emotion and sense of right and wrong and dammit, now we're fully in love with him, too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know this isn't news to you.
* John doesn't just leave Anna to die a firey death like the other vamps, he fully stakes her. With relish.
* After proclaiming her love for Stefan over and over again, Elena kisses Damon back. And it was super sweet and hot at the same time.
* At long last we get confirmation that the mayor, well, now, former mayor was a were and that Tyler is too. Apparently John Gilbert's device emitted a frequency that all paranormals hear, not just the vamps.
* OH SNAP! IT WAS KATHERINE!!! She then encouraged John Gilbert to say Farewell to Arms...and probably offed him entirely. That Katherine is crafty, what with the finagling the invitation inside and all.
* Jeremy drinks Anna's blood and takes too many of Elena's pain pills. Something tells us he'll just need his stomach pumped more than he'll need to avoid sunlight in the future. But we could be wrong. At least his uncle won't be around to be mad at him, whatever the outcome.
We want to know your take on the events of the season closer. Follow us after the jump to vote in a couple more polls!
Younger brothers always need advice. Jeremy took a big step at the end of the episode, and can we blame him? Parents brutally murdered? Check. Girlfriend #1 turned into a vampire and then killed? Check. Sister betrays him by erasing his memory of the event? Check. Girlfriend #2 staked by despised uncle? Check.
Speaking of the despised uncle, there seems to be consequences afoot for him, what with Katherine's reappearance and her removing his fingers (and ring) from his person. Seems that he's made some enemies in the vamp camp.
Now this business of the slowly growing tension between Elena and Damon is coming to a head for sure. We were simultaneously dismayed and thrilled when Elena and Damon kissed, and were simultaneously relieved and disappointed when it turned out to be Katherine. We sort of feel sorry for Damon that he's going to be carrying around the weight of the guilt over something he didn't really do and of which Elena has no knowledge.
TVD, we will sorely miss you while you rest, and will count the days until your return.