Ruthie, How Do We Miss You? Let Us Count The Ways:
Ruthie didn't have a whole lot to do last season on 7th Heaven -- she spent most of her time moping about her unrequited crush on Martin. Okay, there was that Michael Feinstein teacher episode where she discovered the wonders of music -- but it was just a small break from the angsty Ruthie we'd grown used to.
Now that Mackenzie Rosman's taking a break from 7th Heaven, though, we have to admit we kind of miss Ruthie (it sounds like a lot of you do, too). Why, you ask? Well, we'll start you off -- feel free to post your own reasons:
1. No one knew how to stomp off quite like Ruthie.
2. She's supposed to be with Martin... if we had another season, he might've developed similar feelings.
3. We were looking forward to seeing how she'd turn out -- would she be as rebellious as Mary, or get married young like Lucy? Or none of the above?
4. Ruthie and Annie scenes were some of our favorites. Last season's Moving Ahead episode reinforced their bond, and it was nice to see.
5. Without Ruthie, the main characters are all a bit older -- there's no one between Martin/Sandy/Lucy's age range and the twins. We enjoyed the high school storylines and resulting drama that came along with Ruthie's storylines.
6. It was fun watching Ruthie grow up over the years. Check out the Ruthie photo gallery for lots more pics!
What do you think? Do you miss Ruthie? Think we'll get a guest appearance from her later this season? Or are you happy to see her go?