Wanna be in a bartending contest tonight?
Normally, I don't blog about this kind of stuff, but I'll make an exception here because it sounds fun.
Chris Furst of Power Plant Live sent me this e-mail earlier today:
We are in need of a contestant for our Iron Bartender competition tonight. It’s the second round and this week is supposed to consist of bartenders representing Canton.
Unfortunately due to a family situation, one of our contestants had to drop out last minute. The basic details are this ...
- Just like the show, each contestant will be given all the basic tools needed (liquors, mixers, etc)
- Just before the competitions starts, a secret ingredient will be announced
- Each bartender will have to create one shot, one martini and one mixed drink using the secret ingredient in some way
- Contestants will have several minutes to prepare, and then 12 minutes to actually produce the drinks
- Three judges will use crowd reaction/showmanship, creativity and taste in deciding a winner for this round
- The winner will go on to the finals to face the other 3 round winners to win $2,000 cash.
(Baltimore Sun photo of bartender Chris Andrews at the Ellicott Mills Brewing Co. from 1997)