Fab Five Friday
As promised, here are my top five spots for shooting pool.
Feel free to offer some of your own favorite pool joints.
This photo is from Dave & Buster's in Hanover.
1. Bedrock Billiards, 401 W. Baltimore St.
The big space upstairs can feel empty, but the service is snappy and the draft list long.
2. Sports 2000, 2401 North Point Blvd., Dundalk
This place has something like three dozen pool tables. It's a go-to for billiard's lovers.
3. Fletchers Bar, 701 S. Bond St.
Pool is only 50 cents at Fletchers. And if you want, you can stroll upstairs and see a rock band. It's always nice to have that option.
4. Edgar's Billiards Club, 1 E. Pratt St.
Edgar's has 16 tables, but it's in the Inner Harbor, which means you might have to put up with some obnoxious tourists.
5. McCracken's on Key, 1400 Key Highway
Free pool. All the time.
(Doug Kapustin/Sun Photographer)