Fleming's wine-tasting series
Fleming's is having a series of wine tastings on Thursday nights through September.
The idea was to allow guests, over the course of five evenings, to get a taste of the 100 wines that will be available by the glass at the restaurant for the next year.
But I'm afraid I'm getting to this "Fleming's 100" news a little late; two of the tastings have already taken place. Sorry. Your liver will thank me, though. And there are three more tastings -- that's 60 wines -- to go.
Each tasting is $25 per person. Guests receive a $25 dining credit good for the main dining room that evening.
Here's a list of wines to be sampled this Thursday:
• HEIDSIECK, Brut Champagne Blue Top France NV
White Wines of Interest
• BERINGER, White Zinfandel California, 2008/2009*
• VON BUHL, Riesling Pfalz Medium-Dry Jazz Germany, 2008
• MERRYVALE, Napa Valley Starmont, 2008
• SANFORD, Santa Barbara County, 2007/2008*
• MACMURRAY RANCH, Sonoma Coast, 2008
• STICKS, Yarra Valley Australia, 2008
Red Wines of Interest
• MASI, Veneto Campofiorin Italy, 2006/2007*
• PASCUAL TOSO, Malbec Mendoza Argentina, 2008
• VALL LLACH, Priorat Embruix Spain, 2006
• VINUM, Petite Sirah Clarksburg PETS Wilson Vineyards, 2007/2008*
• MEYER, Syrah Mendocino County/Yorkville Highlands, 2005/2006*
• CLOS DU BOIS, North Coast, 2005/2006
• CHÂTEAU DE BELLEVUE, St.-Émilion France, 2006/2007
• OBERON, Napa Valley, 2006/2007
Cabernet / Cabernet Blend
• RUTHERFORD RANCH, Napa Valley, 2007
• GREG NORMAN, Cabernet-Merlot Limestone Coast Australia, 2007
• CHATEAU STE. MICHELLE, Columbia Valley Indian Wells, 2007/2008*
• CHÂTEAU GREYSAC, Médoc France, 2005/2006*
• DUCKHORN, Napa Valley, 2006
The wine-tastings take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Information about reservations and the wines to be sampled is available online.