Shocking facts about Super Bowl food
Not much shocks me any more, and particularly not the fact that people eat unhealthful foods while watching the Super Bowl.
But in the interest of public health, I'm going to pass along part of a press release I got from the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
I'm sure after reading this you'll change your menu and serve raw celery, carrot sticks and cauliflower with low-calorie ranch dressing dip during the game. ...
Shocking Nutrition Facts About Five Super Bowl Foods
Source, Nutrition Shocker
1. Tuna Melt (large), Quiznos, 1,793 calories
2. The Meats Pan Crust Pizza (2 slices), Papa John’s, 56 grams of fat
3. Muffuletta Potato Skins, Food Network’s “32 Team Potato Skins” recipes, Derives 54 percent of calories from saturated fat
4. Honey BBQ Wings (5 wings with dipping sauce), KFC, 35 grams of fat
5. Cheesesticks and Special Garlic Dipping Sauce (4 sticks), Papa John’s, 1,170 milligrams of sodium
(John Makely/Sun photographer)