Top 10 Restaurants for Thanksgiving Dinner
Now you decide you don't want to cook after all, and you're looking for a restaurant open Thanksgiving day. I did my best for you with this list of Top 10 Restaurants for Thanksgiving Dinner, but it wasn't easy.
First of all, check out my list from two years ago. I didn't want to repeat myself this time, so I'm really giving you 20 choices. I can't guarantee at this point, of course, that there will be any openings; but I didn't include any places that were booked as of this writing. ...
That didn't leave me much to work with. I had to throw in a couple of Thanksgiving buffets, but I tried to pick the best ones.Here's my list in alphabetical order:
* Alizee in the Inn at the Colonnade. Traditional and gourmet buffet selections from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. ($39.95/adult; $15.95/child 6-10; 5 and under free). I had a very good meal here. I don't know how a buffet will turn out, but I'd be willing to chance it.
* Brightons in the Intercontinental Harbor Court. Thanksgiving brunch buffet with various stations like carving, seafood, raw bar, soup, salads, kids (that's for kids), dessert. $55 for adults, $25 for children.
* Cafe Troia in Towson. This Itallian restaurant will be serving its regular menu as well as a traditional organic turkey dinner for $28.95. Open 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Grano in Hampden. There will be one seating at 4 p.m. for this prix fixe Italian Thanksgiving feast. The $65 price includes complimentary bellinis and bloody marys, but if you want wine you'll have to bring it yourself.
* Kali's Court in Fells Point.This is a first for the seafood restaurant. The four-course menu will cost $49.95, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Maryland Food Bank. Open noon to 6 p.m.
* Kent Manor Inn in Stevensville. Traditional Thanksgiving buffet ($39/adult; child 6-12 half price, 5 and under free). All non-alcoholic drinks included. Served from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Osteria 177 in Annapolis. This may not be the best place if you insist on turkey. You will be able to get the regular menu of Italian "coastal cuisine," and the chef hasn't decided whether to have turkey as the nightly special. Open 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Petit Louis in Roland Park. The three-course menu for $39.95 will feature Chestnut Soup with Wild Mushrooms, Roasted Turkey with Pommes Purées, Local Greens, Cranberry Relish, and Apple and Cranberry Pain Perdu with Cognac Crème Anglaise. Open 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
* Prime Rib downtown. The holiday meal for $39.95 will consist of soup or salad; roast turkey with stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, creamed spinach and sweet potatoes; and pumpkin, pecan or apple pie for dessert. Kids under 12 eat for $17.95.
* Rockfish in Annapolis. Regular menu plus roast turkey with the traditional trimmings for $23.95 for adults, $10.95 for children under 12.
(I didn't have good Thanksgiving restaurant art, but I liked this photo. It shows a Mexican-style roasted turkey in apricot-chili glaze. AP Photo/Larry Crowe)