Top 10 Blog Topics That Will Not Die
When I asked for suggestions for Top 10 Blog Topics That Will Not Die, I got ones only from Bucky and Shallow Thought Wednesday John. I already had nine, but their suggestions were so good I had to dump some of mine and substitute theirs.
For your reading pleasure, I'm going to number the list in order of importance to the blog and constant recurrence.
I should say right here I have no problem with these topics. I personally could happily discuss the shortcomings of the blogware and whose fault poor service is in every entry. If you continue to have fun rehashing these topics, I say go for it. ...
But maybe we've missed some (although I did give you six
leftover bonus ones). If so, feel free to tell us what they are. And if you feel like putting the list in a different order, I'd be interested in that, too.
Here's my list:
1) Children misbehaving in restaurants
2) Whose fault poor service is -- the restaurant's or the customer's
3) Which restaurant has the best crab cakes. Why they are terrible because they are made with alien crab meat
4) Everything tastes better in New York (bagels, reubens, pizza, etc.)
5) The shortcomings of the blogware
6) How much you should tip
7) Rachael Ray: foodie or fraudie?8) Top 10 should include only places that the critic has reviewed, in spite of the Official Disclaimer
9) Foie gras: heaven or hell?
10) The evil server who substitutes coffee for decaf
Bonus Topics That Will Not Die:
* Birches: the greatest restaurant in Baltimore? Or not?
* Starbucks hatin'
* Golden West Cafe in Hampden
* Old Bay: great condiment or worn-out tradition?
* Ketchup on hot dogs. Ketchup on anything. Ketchup
* T.S. Eliot and other dead poets (Note: feel free to say that I [that is, Bucky] nominated this one and Eve seconded)
(David Hobby/Sun photographer)