Top 10 Places to Celebrate Bastille Day
When I told my editor yesterday I was going to do a Top 10 on French restaurants in honor of Bastille Day he had the usual response. Do we even have 10 French restaurants? Then he asked me if I was going to include IHOP for its French toast.
He's got a point. After our conversation I changed Top 10 French Restaurants to Top 10 Places to Celebrate Bastille Day. Did IHOP make the cut? Read on. ...
* Bonaparte Breads in Fells Point. A casual French coffee shop with sandwiches and good French pastries and breads.
* Bonjour Bakery & Cafe in Mount Washington. Authentic French pastries and a few savories like quiche and meat and cheese croissants.
* Cafe de Paris in Columbia. In honor of Bastille Day, have tonight's special buffet for $35.95.
* Crepe du Jour in Mount Washington. In spite of the name, it's more French restaurant than creperie.
* Elkridge Furnace Inn in Elkridge. Check out the three-, four- and five-course fixed-price menus.
* La Madeleine Country French Cafe, area locations. A popular, cafeteria-style chain.
* Les Folies Brasserie in Annapolis. Fine French food and an extensive raw bar.
* Petit Louis in Roland Park. The Foreman-Wolf restaurant group's excellent take on an authentic French bistro.
* Sofi's Crepes in Baltimore and Annapolis. The owner got her inspiration from her trips to France.
* Tersiguel's in Ellicott City. A self-styled French "country" restaurant, but upscale all the same, there will be dinner and live entertainment tonight.