Top 10 Places to Hear Good Jazz While You Eat
Because I'm on vacation this week, I'm turning Top 10 Tuesday over to a guest poster.
I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I hadn't hit on the right person. Then Barry Glassman, founder of the Baltimore Jazz Alliance, e-mailed me about doing a Top 10 on places to hear live music with good food.
"Why don't you send me your list?" I suggested.
And here it is, in alphabetical order: ...
* Café de Paris (Tuesdays and Fridays)
* Donna's Columbia location (Saturdays, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
* Joe Squared Pizza (most Sundays)
* Jordan's Steakhouse (Thursday evenings)
* Meli (Sunday evenings)
* Prime Rib (most nights in the bar area)
* Radisson at Cross Keys (Thursdays 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
* Tug's at the Tremont Hotel (Friday and Saturday evenings)
* Tyson's Tavern (most Sunday afternoons)
* Ze Mean Bean (Sunday brunch)
The following four Barry describes as "music venue with food. Others are primarily food venues with music." (But I have to say I think of Bertha's more of a restaurant than the other three.)
* Bertha's (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
* Caton Castle (Saturday evening jazz with full menu)
* Club 347 (Monday, Tuesday, occasional Thursdays)
* New Haven Lounge (Sunday afternoon jazz with free buffet)
Always check the jazz calendar at BaltimoreJazz.com to confirm, he says.
(Photo courtesy of Caton Castle)