Top 10 Greatest Food Sins in the Workplace
Professor McIntyre came up with such a good Top 10 Tuesday topic that I think he ought to take over the feature.
Probably that's not going to happen.
Today, boys and girls, we're discussing the Top 10 Greatest Food Sins in the Workplace. Here's my list, compiled with a little help from my friends: ...
1) Eating erzatz butter-flavored popcorn. The smell makes me gag even more than the fish smell. (See No. 2.) For most other people, burning the popcorn is the sin.
2) Reheating fish in the office microwave.
3) Storing the kind of food in your desk that attracts rodents.
4) Leaving an open milk carton/yogurt/other food item in the back of the communal fridge until it's so far past its expire date it starts to smell/mold.
5) Leaving one ice cube in the freezer tray so you won't have to refill it.
6) Stealing someone else's food from the communal fridge.
7) Eating takeout Chinese or Mexican at your desk and then putting the cartons/wrappers in the trash so your co-workers have to put up with the smell for the rest of the afternoon.
8) Not cleaning up after an explosion in the microwave or a spill in the fridge.
9) Talking with a co-worker within earshot of others about what's in the hamburger meat served at your workplace cafeteria.
10) Zucchini dumping: Bringing in your garden's overabundance of zucchini that you've let grow bigger than a man's arm.
(Photo by Lori Shepler/Los Angeles Times)