Top 10 Great Restaurant Potato Dishes
It's hard not to do a Top 10 list that has something to do with St. Patrick's Day when it actually falls on a Tuesday. But Best Irish Pubs? Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.
The general consensus on Dining@Large was that potatoes would be the way to go, so here's a list of the best potato dishes I've had in recent memory in area restaurants. Readers suggested others under an earlier post.
Before you start yelling "WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!" please read this. And feel free to post your own suggestions.
Here's my list of great restaurant potato dishes: ...
* Crisp, salty house-made chips at Abbey Burger Bistro in Federal Hill
* Truffle potatoes at Crush in Belvedere Square
* Frites with parsley, minced garlic and lemon zest at the Grill at Harryman House in Reisterstown
* The golden wedge of potatoes au gratin, creamy and rich, at Henninger's Tavern in Upper Fells Point
* Fingerling potato salad with dill at Ixia in Mount Vernon
* The potato puree finished with brown butter at Pazo in Harbor East
* Lobster, bacon and potato hash at Peter's Inn in Fells Point
* Greenberg potato skins at the Prime Rib downtown north
* Duck fat fries at Salt Tavern in the Butchers Hill/Patterson Park area
(Photo courtesy of freefoto.com)