Why don't you take me on a review with you?
MrBilly2U would like to know the following:
1 When is the Sunpaper restaurant database going to be useful? I can never select a county and find a new place I would like to try. The selection is always limited.
2. Is it really hard to follow up on restaurants to see if the your original review needs to be up or down graded.
3. This is the most important. Why have you never ask me to go with you when you go to review a place. I feel so left out. I may need therapy.
Thank you for your thoughtful e-mail. ...
1) I hope you will think of it as a restaurant REVIEW database and not a restaurant database. It's simply a collection of the reviews the paper has run in the past year or so.
2) There won't be a follow up for another five or six years unless something drastic happens to the restaurant. That's about how often I get back. (That may change as fewer restaurants open up in this economy.) I hate to send you elsewhere, but something like the Zagat guide, which is updated yearly, might be more useful to you. Or, who knows? Maybe we'll start doing yearly dining guides again.
3) I can't take you with me because my husband might get jealous. On a brighter note, he is a therapist.
Thanks for reading,
Your restaurant critic,