The foodie quiz
Bucky has invented a wonderful food quiz for us, and I'm not allowed to say he will send you a fabulous prize if you win -- not because he minds sending fabulous prizes that I commit him to without his consent, of course, but because that encourages cheaters.
No Googling or otherwise looking up the answers. If you're the kind of person who will be embarrassed if you don't get all the answers right, use an alias and answer as many as you can off the top of your head.
Once again, no one likes a cheater.
Here's Bucky's quiz. I'll post the answers later today: ...
1. Which has more calories? A jelly doughnut or a regular sugar doughnut?
2. Alfred Hitchcock used what to simulate blood in Psycho’s shower scene?
3. One measurement conversion that has been lost to history is “350 squirts =” what?
4. Little Frankie Epperson was only 11 years old when he invented what?
5. Mix vanilla, wintergreen and cinnamon and what flavor do you get?
6. What’s a more effective weight loss technique than drinking eight glasses of water a day?
7. Cesare Cardini invented what at his restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico?
8. According to the National Safety Council, this is the fourth leading cause of accidental death in the United States, after car accidents, poisoning and falls.
9. In a test in 1993, this was connected to an electroencephalogram (EEG) monitor and produced brain waves identical to those of adult humans.
10. “Desserts” spelled backwards is “_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.”
9 - 10: Wow, you need a life more than I do.
5 - 8: You’re one of Owl Meat’s two dozen personalities, right?
1 - 4: You have a good memory for inconsequential facts.
0: What? WHAT? You can’t even write “desserts” backwards?
(Los Angeles Times photo by Liz O. Baylen)