Top 10 Places to Celebrate Your Candidate's Victory...
...or mourn his loss.
This was a tricky one. Since we don't know who will win, I have to offer a few places where Republicans will feel comfortable and a few for Democrats.
I've also thrown in several restaurant/bars with no obvious political affiliations because once someone has won we'll all be in this together.
And then there are a some election night specials included for good measure.
Feel free to tell us about any other special events you've heard about by posting below.
Here's my list: ...
* Chick & Ruths Delly in Annapolis. Any place where the Pledge of Allegiance has been recited every morning since 1989 seems like a good place to celebrate a political victory. Plus, the sandwiches are politically themed.
* The newly renovated Corks in Federal Hill has a warm, cozy, beautiful copper-topped bar where you can celebrate your candidate's win or mourn his loss and enjoy the new cheese-centric menu.
* Germano's in Little Italy has a half-price menu today and tomorrow for anyone who voted for Obama and the Democratic candidates. They'll take your word for it because "Democrats don't lie."
* Iggies in Mount Vernon has been selling "Iggies/Obama memorabilia," and they have good pizza. But you have to BYOB.
* The newly reopened Metropolitan in Federal Hill is offering three election night entrees for $13 each: a 14-ounce T-bone steak with mashed potatoes and green beans, seafood linguine in Cajun cream sauce, and honey-glazed chipotle chicken with wild rice and asparagus.
* Morton's The Steakhouse in Baltimore and Annapolis will be opening their private "boardrooms" for viewing the election results. The election night prix fixe menu is $52.95 a person, and there are election cocktails: the Republicantini, the Democratini, and the Undecided-tini.
* Ropewalk in Federal Hill has photos of Reagan and Ollie North over the bar. Republicans will be embraced there, and Democrats can go to gloat if their candidate wins.
* Salt in East Baltimore isn't doing anything special for the election, but the TV will be on in the bar, and the food is good enough to console you if your candidate is a loser, or be worthy of the celebration if he's a winner.
* Teavolve in Harbor East is having a Watch Party tonight with a large screen TV. The kitchen will be open till 11 p.m. The Obama Bellini and McCain Margarita are two of the drink specials.
* I didn't pick the Tusk Lounge in Mount Vernon for any political affiliation, but for the beautiful space and the upscale bar food. Still, the name is certainly appropriate.
And a couple of bonus suggestions, although no food is involved:
The Windup Space in Station North is offering $1 off drinks tonight for anyone with an "I voted" sticker. You can watch the results on its large projection screen.
Tell Starbucks you voted, and you'll get a free cup of coffee today.
(Glenn Fawcett/Sun photographer)