Top 10 restaurants in a strip mall
For several reasons. First, there are hidden gems here. If you didn't know they were good, you might overlook them because of the location.
Second, it gives me a chance to highlight some restaurants in the 'burbs that aren't chains.
Third, you don't have to worry about parking.
These are just the ones I know about. If you have other suggestions, please post below. (And tell us why you like them.)
Here's my list, in alphabetical order: ...
* Aida Bistro in Columbia. Italian food, small plates and a wine bar. $$
* Asean Bistro in Columbia. Pan-Asian food. $$
* Christopher Daniel in Timonium. New American with a martini lounge. $$$
* Cynthia's in Severna Park. Seasonal New American cuisine. $$$
* Grace Garden in Odenton. Gets votes for most authentic Chinese in the area. $
* House of India in Columbia. Casual Indian. $$
* Mia Carolina in Glyndon. Recently renovated, with northern Italian food. $$$
* Orchard Market & Cafe in Towson. Contemporary and traditional Persian cuisine. $$
* Shin Chon (8801 Baltimore National Pike) in Ellicott City. Korean barbecue. $$
* Trattoria Alberto in Glen Burnie. Fine-dining northern Italian food. $$$$
(Andre F. Chung/Sun photographer)