Top ten summer drinks and where to get them
I was considering Matt Hudock's suggestion of summer foods for this top ten, but I did it last summer and I'm not sure I have much new to add from my own experience yet this summer.
The topic didn't get much discussion, though, and I know we can do better this year, so I'm going to make it one of the entries for next week when I'm on vacation. DO NOT TALK ABOUT SUMMER FOODS YET.
Meanwhile, in this intense heat I've been thinking about summer drinks more than summer food, so I decided over the weekend that I would make hot-weather drinks, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, this week's Top Ten Tuesday.
There is one that isn't on the list that should be, but I don't know where to get the best: iced coffee. Maybe you can help.
I should give a shout-out to Midnight Sun Sam, who not surprisingly was a big help in compiling this list: ...
* Mojito at Little Havana on Key Highway
* Iced tea at Cafe Hon in Hampden
* Limeade or ginger limeade at Suzie's Soba (7 N. Calvert St., 410-528-8883) downtown
* Margarita at Blue Agave in Federal Hill
* Sangria at Tapas Teatro next to the Charles Theater
* Lemonade at Neopol Savory Smokery's stand at the Waverly Farmers Market
* Frozen daiquiri at Stalking Horse Tavern (26 E. Cross St., South Baltimore, 410-244-6722)
* Fruit smoothie at Zia's Cafe in Towson
* Malted milkshake at Fields of Pikesville (1401 Reisterstown Road, 410-486-3375)
* Gin and tonic at the Chart House in Annapolis
(Photo by STRDEL/AFP/Getty Images)